Artificial Intelligence (AI) has been applied successfully to many fields such as data analysis, finance, multimedia, signal and image processing, web technologies, robotics, and automations, etc. Machine learning, as a major technology behind AI, is changing the world rapidly by deploying varied algorithms. For example, artificial neural networks, especially those for deep learning, are implemented in real world such as the GPU computations owing to the maturity of high-speed and parallel architecture. The latter is also becoming a promising research field for further explorations. Many researches of machine learning are inspired by the developments of computational intelligence. How machine learning can be contributed to varied applications related to intelligence is the main focus of this special session.
The methodologies of machine learning may include mathematical or statistical foundations, algorithms, architectures, and uncertainty issues. As for applications of machine learning, we look forward to including researches or implementations in varied fields that are emerged to intelligence and automation. For future trends of machine learning, we encourage authors to propose their innovative ideas and concepts. We offer an opportunity for researchers and practitioners to identify new promising research directions as well as to publish recent advances in this area.
The scope of the MLMAT 2018 includes, but is not limited to the following topics:
• Algorithms of machine learning
• Mathematical foundations of machine learning
• Machine learning based on probability and statistics
• Classifications based on machine learning
• Supervised learning and non-supervised learning
• Machine learning based on rough sets or fuzzy set theory
• Methodologies of computational intelligence
• GPU-based parallel computation and deep learning implementations
• Big data and machine learning
• IoT and machine learning
• Decision making by machine learnings
• FinTech and machine learning
• Intelligent systems with machine learning
• Machine learning in medicines, medical diagnosis and health care
• Uncertainty based on machine learning
• Impact of machine learning to AI
Special Session Organizers
Prof. Chung-Ming Ou
Department of Information Management
Kainan University, Taiwan
Prof. Chung-Ren Ou
Department of Energy and Materials Technology
Hsiuping University of Science and Technology, Taiwan
Submission of papers: 15 March 2018
Notification of acceptance: 1 April 2018
Camera-ready papers: 10 April 2018
Registration & payment: 15 May 2018
Conference date: 3-5 July 2018
Program Committee (to be published)
All contributions should be original and not published elsewhere or intended to be published during the review period. Authors are invited to submit their papers electronically in pdf format, through EasyAcademia. All the special sessions are centralized as tracks in the same conference management system as the regular papers. Therefore, to submit a paper please go through the steps below and select the track: Machine Learning : Methodologies, Applications and Trends (MLMAT 2018).
Paper format: Papers must be prepared using IEEE templates for conference proceedings.
Page limit: The maximum page limit is 8 inclusive of figures and tables. INISTA will offer the option to buy limited number of extra pages for submission.
Language: The official language for the conference is English. Less than satisfactory English usage may form the sole basis for rejection of a paper and omission of any such final paper version from the conference proceedings. Authors whose native language is not English are encouraged to check their papers for proper English spelling and grammar using tools such as English grammar checkers available with most word processing application software. Alternatively, proofreading support from a native English-speaking colleague or technical editor may suffice. Some authors may be interested in the paid service available at the following link: http://www.prof-editing.com/ieee/ for the final version of the paper.
Important: While visiting EasyAcademia.org, please use Firefox or Chrome. Internet Explorer or other browsers may have compatibility issues which can prevent you from submitting.
• Create an "EasyAcademia" account through www.easyacademia.org
• Activate your account by clicking on the activation link sent into your email account
Note: Please check your Spam folder if you have not received the email within a few minutes.
• Log into www.easyacademia.org/inista2018, using the login details you provided at the beginning.
• Please click on Start a new submission on the top right to enter the submission process.
• Go through the guidelines, and select the MLMAT 2018 track.
• Enter the appropriate information in the Title step.
• Under Authors please input details for each author of the paper. At least one author must be marked for each type of role available (presenter, corresponding).
Note: Only authors marked as correspondents will receive updates and information regarding the submission.
• In the Upload step, please click on Upload Paper and find the relevant completed document for your submission on your computer (PDF or Word document).
• Under Summary you may check the details of the submission. If you wish to go back to a section in order to change details, just click on the appropriate step on the left.
• If you are happy with the summary information, please click on Submit Now to finalize the process, and a notification e-mail will be sent to the correspondents.
If at any point you are having trouble submitting, or require more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond back as soon as possible.